The non-profit cultural association “Domenico Oprandi Foundation” organizes the nineteenth edition of cortoLovere, the International Film Festival addressed to foreign and Italian filmmakers, film schools, specialized institutes, associations and companies that have produced short films. The festival not only welcomes short movies produced in the last three years, but it is also a gathering place and a place where reflection upon trends, techniques and strategies for the movie production today is encouraged.
– to promote young directors
– to promote audiovisual literacy
– to promote and spread the short movie format through the country
– to encourage communication and debate between the filmmakers and the audience
– to give young talents real possibilities that bring them closer to this reality
– to create a favorable environment where the participants can exchange opinions and discuss about the movie techniques used today
– to create an event where the new and the old generations can meet and to encourage the creation of an exchange that goes beyond physical boundaries and cultural differences
– to support the cultural and touristic development of the northern part of Iseo Lake
DATE AND PLACE
The competition will take place during the following days:
from 18th to 23th September 2017, in Lovere (BG, Italy)
NO SUBMISSION FEE is required. The films must arrive by 25th August, 2017.
Each applicant can submit one short film produced after January 1, 2014. The submission form has to be filled out and sent online.
The participants can find the submission form here
The authors will be notified via email or phone call of acceptance and they will be asked to send the signed license that authorizes the festival to make use of the short movies for nonprofit purposes.
Short films must not be longer than 15 minutes (including credits).
The short movies must be uploaded on an online platform (such as Vimeo or Youtube etc.) and the link (with the possible password) has to be written in the submission form, which must be carefully filled.
Foreign films must have English subtitles.
ACCEPTANCE AND AWARDS
A short movies will be selected from the commission of the organization and they will be unquestionably judged by the official jury of the Festival, established by the Foundation.
The Award Ceremony is going to take place on September 23, 2017 at the Crystal Theatre in Lovere.
The finalists are responsible of the quality and integrity of the sent file.
The sending of the online submission form implies the acceptance of the following rules.
You will be able to find all the news concerning the arrival of the files, the selection phases, the date of the award ceremony, the program, the events and every other kind of info on our website www.cortolovere.it
For further information, please contact:
The authors of the selected short movies will be immediately notified.
The authors of the selected short movies will be guests of the organization.
The authors of the selected short movies must be present at the Award Ceremony or they must delegate someone.
Foreign filmmakers are allowed to delegate a member of the Association.
2017 Edition Awards
The 2017 awards will be uploaded soon on our website www.cortolovere.it
View the 2017 Edition Awards